Monday, February 23, 2009

Childhood Memories

A British artist, living in France, had this to say recently on his blog...
From working on the stage set recently, reminded me of Pollock's Toy Museum in London's East End.

As a young teenager in the 1950's I visited this toyshop many times and have very fond memories of its narrow stairs and tiny rooms, stuffed with wonderful toys - especially penny-plain and twopenny-coloured toy theatres.

It was here that I re-discovered my passion for the theatre. I bought the Adelphi Theatre, built it and acted out plays of my own devising.

The Museum is still there (just!) and can be found at the corner of Whitfield and Scala Street, off the Euston Road. Nearest tube station is Goodge Street.

1 comment:

  1. One of the highlights of our trip to Engalnd in fall of 2006 was Pollock's. It took me awhile to find it as I turned the wrong way when I came out of the tube station, but oh, how wonderful when I got there! I could have spent hours and many, many more pounds than I did!
    Erin in Morro Bay

    ReplyDelete