The organizers, Harry and Tieneke Oudekerk, have shared:
Eleven paper theater companies from the Netherlands, Germany, and England have been invited to perform at the festival this year. Over the course of the festival, more than 40 performances will be shown in residential buildings around Historic Vischmarkt.
It is a special feature of the festival that you not only get to see jewels of this small form of theater, but also have the unique opportunity to look behind the facades of beautiful historic homes and to talk to their residents. A wonderful concept, it allows visitors to feel the familiar atmosphere in which paper theater originally took place. The central meeting place for the players and season ticket holders will be the old synagogue again this year - a wonderful location to meet friends and talk shop.The theatre companies/individuals and their plays that will be performing are:
- Poppentheater Damiet: "Het Bubbelbabbel bos"
- Haases Papiertheater: "James Honk versus Dr. Kamishibai"
- Paper Theater Fabula: "Kalief Oojevaar"
- Paper Theater Chaya: "Peter en de Wolf"
- Paper Theater Kitzingen: "De Kikkerkoning"
- Roman's Private Theater: "The Hokusai Museum"
- Papiertheater Heringsdorf: "SOS Italia"
- Papirniks' Paper Theater: "The Flying Dutchman"
- Poppentheater Belletje Sterk: "Ssst! De Tijger slaaps"
- Phoenix Paper Theater: "De Nachtegaal Chinese"
- Alice's Upside Down Theater: "Alice in Wonderland" (Ted Hawkins)